Tetrahydrofuran 99.7% for HPLC & Spectroscopy [109-99-9]Tetrahydrofuran is primarily used (80%) for the production of polytetramethylene ether glycol, a base polymer mainly used for the production of elastomeric fibers (e.g. Spandex), as well as polyurethane and polyester elastomers (e.g. artificial leather, skateboard wheels). The remainder (20%) is used in solvent applications (e.g. pipe cements, adhesives, printing inks and magnetic tape) and as a reaction solvent in chemical and pharmaceutical syntheses.
Boiling point: 65 – 66 ° C (1013 hPa)
Density: 0.89 g / cm3 (20 ° C)
Explosive limits: 1.5 – 12.4% (V)
Flash point: -21.5 ° C
Melting point: -108.5 ° C
PH value: 7-8 (200 g / l, H₂O, 20 ° C)
Vapor pressure: 173 hPa (20 ° C)
Labeling of hazardous chemicals and mixtures that are part of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS). The pictograms recommended by GHS have the shape of a square set on the top. They should contain a black symbol on a white background with a red border.
Priority rules to be observed in connection with the labeling of a substance:
– the skull and crossbones, the exclamation mark pictogram should not be added.
– corrosive effect, the exclamation mark pictogram should not be added if it concerns eye or skin irritation.
– health hazard determining respiratory sensitization, the exclamation mark pictogram should not be added if it concerns skin sensitization or irritation to eyes or skin.
Source: GHS pictograms